I have been using Loving Tan products for about a year and a half now and it is definitely the best tanning product I have used so far. I used to get weekly spray tans, and as you can imagine it was costing me a fortune and the results would vary, so I actually prefer applying my own tan because I can see the progress as I go. I would recommend getting a back applicator if you don’t have someone around to tan your back for you, unless you’re really flexible!
When I first tried Loving Tan, I used the 2 Hour Express Self Tanning Mousse in “Dark” and I loved the formula of this product because it would dry really quickly in comparison to spray tans! I did find however that the colour wasn’t dark enough for me, so I ended up leaving it on overnight to achieve my perfect colour, so after using up that first bottle I decided I would try the Deluxe Bronzing Mousse for Self Tanning in “Dark” which works best when left on for 8 hours.
I have never been someone who can fake tan and then run around doing chores and have always been someone who will tan straight before bed, so waiting 8 hours for my tan to develop works fine for me! I also found that the formula of the Deluxe Bronze Mousse was just as quick to dry as the 2 HR Express tan.
After going through a couple bottles of the Deluxe Bronzing Mousse for Self Tanning in “Dark” and realising that I was applying a double coat, I decided to try out the Deluxe Bronzing Mousse for Self Tanning in “Ultra Dark” which sounds quite scary but this has been my perfect tan for the past year!
To find out which colour would be best for your skin tone – Click Here
- Shave/Wax or whatever your hair removal weapon of choice is, prior to tanning!
- Moisturise any dry skin. Key areas: Elbows, Knees, Ankles and Wrists. I also apply a very small amount to my underarms just to ensure the product doesn’t cling to any of these areas!
- Pump a small amount of mousse onto your tanning applicator mitt (I usually use 2 pumps per section however if you’re applying for the first time, I would start with 1 pump because you can always go back for a second coat if required).
- Using circular motions, apply mousse directly to your body, blending as you go to ensure even coverage. (The tan applies with colour so it makes it very easy to see if you have missed any patches or if you need to blend more ect).
- Allow 60 seconds before dressing.
- Avoid perspiration or water for six hours while the tan develops.
If you’re in Australia, Loving Tan is also sold at David Jones stores if you would prefer to purchase in store rather than ordering online.
Loving Tan 2 HR Express Self Tanning Mousse in Dark – Find Here
Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse in Dark – Find Here
Loving Tan Deluxe Bronzing Mousse in Ultra Dark – Find Here
Loving Tan Back Applicator – Find Here